Every year, when we make plans for our business, there is always focus on client retention, marketing hacks for maximum business growth, and ways to improve the business side of our brand. However, there isn’t as much focus placed on self-care. We may decide back in January that we will make this a priority but right around this time, it tends to take a back seat.
The thing is, it may not seem like that big of a deal as a matchmaker or dating coach. You may think you have more flexibility in your day or you love what you do so there isn’t really the need to take a “break”.
But matchmakers and love industry professionals are constantly overworking and spread thin because they end up playing multiple roles in their business, while still being leaders in their personal life.
That’s why it’s crucial to think about self-care. In fact, research shows that lack of self-care can be a contributing factor when a business doesn’t succeed.
So what can you do?
You need to schedule self-care in just as you would a client meeting. It can be small things like stepping away from your desk every day for fifteen minutes and taking a walk outside. It can be scheduling your lunch for the same time everyday so you know you have those few minutes for yourself.
It’s also important to plan larger acts of self-care, as well. And we believe that the more motivated you are, the better your business will be. That’s why we’ve moved our Annual Conference to a little oasis with some serious sun and self-care built in.
Our Annual Global Love Conference will be held in Punta Cana. For the past 10 years we have hosted the Conference in New York City. But after hearing feedback from former attendees on wanting more connection and collaboration, an environment that fosters the opportunity for more relaxation and down time and a more affordable, yet luxurious experience, we knew that we had an incredible opportunity to combine self-care with serious strategy for your business this year.
Here are some of the things we will be covering:
- The latest in industry trends you need and ones to kick to the curb, date coaching techniques, and the must-have matchmaking technologies.
- Quickly overcome challenges when starting and growing your business, manage clients seamlessly, and build a database.
- Curated time built into the weekend to connect and collaborate with other attendees to develop professional relationships to help expand your business this year.
- Uncover a unique focus on the psychology of relationships – and how this impacts all areas – career, health, friendships, and self-image.
- Learn from leading industry experts and speakers offering a holistic, comprehensive experience to help singles find and keep love – while tackling challenges and roadblocks with confidence, enthusiastic support, and building a healthy self-image.
Some of the best ways to incorporate self-care are taking time for connection, being active, scheduled rest, and having fun (yes, this is a real one!). We have made sure that each and every one of these will be available during the Global Love Conference this year.
If you have been looking for the perfect way to add more self-care to your routine in 2018, then we have you covered.
To learn more about The 11 Annual Global Love Conference, click here.
What will you do for yourself today? Sound off in the comments below.